Terms Of Service
While we facilitate your business on the Internet, we are an independent contractor. We only have control of the products and services we provide directly, and are not liable for your actions, the actions of third party service providers, or the actions of individuals who use your products and services (“End Users”).
Softa Web Hosting provides a number of services and products to its customers, which are collectively referred to in these TOS as the “Services”. Regardless of whether you pay for a Service or it is provided as part of a package or for free, any Service you request or allow to be provided by Softa Web Hosting is included as part of the “Services” we refer to in these TOS and the Policies. All Services are subject to each of our Policies. Services may also be provided by third parties and their terms of service or use that may contain additional or different terms will also apply to your use of their services. We may change the specifications or details of the Services at any time but we have no obligation to change the Services. Additionally, the third parties we contract with to provide Services may change their offering between the time of purchase and the date the Services are delivered. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to inform you of changes to the Services.
a. Knowledgebase. Additional information on our Services, including those listed below, can be found in our Knowledgebase, located at: These TOS govern where they are in conflict with anything posted in the Knowledgebase.
b. Services Offer. Softa Web Hosting offers a number of different products and services, including those listed below. These TOS and our Policies apply to all Services, whether or not listed below. Details are available on the websites indicated and the details at those websites does not modify or supplement these TOS or our Policies.
1. Shared Web Hosting (Linux or Windows based):
2. Unmanaged VPS Hosting:
3. Managed VPS Hosting (Linux or Windows based):
4. Managed VPS Hosting with Root Access (Core Managed):
5. Reseller Hosting (Linux or Windows based):
6. Cloud Hosting:
7. Unmanaged Dedicated Server Hosting:
8. Managed Dedicated Server Hosting:
9. Managed Dedicated Server with Root Access (Core Managed):
10. Email Hosting (POP3, SMTP, IMAP):
11. Domain Registration:
c. Terms Specific to Domain Name Services.
1. We resell domain names. When you apply to register a domain name, your request is transmitted to eNom (www.eNom.com). By using our Domain Name Services, you agree to be bound by eNom’s domain name registration policies and procedures, so please read them. These policies and procedures are available at: www.eNom.com/terms. Because of the mechanics of domain name registration, we cannot guarantee that your domain name will be registered. After registration, it is your responsibility to ensure your domain name does not lapse, for whatever reason, and we are not responsible for any lapse or any damages caused by any lapse.
2. It is your sole responsibility to fully investigate and ensure that the domain name you register does not infringe on the legal rights of others. We do not check to see whether a domain name you register or use infringes on the legal rights of any third party and we suggest you seek advice of legal counsel before registering any domain.
3. Softa Web Hosting will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with any legal order to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. ICANN's Transfer Policy requires a 60 day transfer lock to apply to your domain name(s) in the event of any “Change of Registrant.” Softa Web Hosting currently locks your domain name for any change involving your WhoIs information. This feature is designed to protect your domain from any unauthorized attempt to transfer your domain. We do not offer an option to opt out of the 60 day transfer lock. Any “Change of Registrant” as defined by ICANN's Transfer Policy will subject the domain to a 60 days transfer lock. Please note that the parameters that trigger the 60 day transfer lock are subject to change. The current parameters which trigger the 60 day lock include: (A) change of registrant First Name, (B) change of registrant Last Name, (C) change of registrant Organization Name, (D) change of registrant Email. You also agree and understand ICANN’s policies for Domain Verification and any other current or future policies they might enact.
d. Terms That Apply to All Hosting Services.
1. Our Hosting accounts are allocated bandwidth depending on the package you select. The bandwidth for Services purchased does not rollover and is not creditable across periods. In the event you require more bandwidth than you have purchased, your account may be suspended until the next period, you may purchase additional bandwidth by upgrading your account, your account may be terminated for a violation of the terms of the package you purchased, or we may charge you an additional fee for the overage, in our sole discretion.
2. We will provide, as part of the Service cost, the number of primary IP addresses included in the plan you select. You may request additional IP addresses for an additional fee. If we need to change one of your assigned IP addresses we will notify you of the change by email. You may use the IP addresses provided only in association with the Services and they may not be transferred.
3. In using our hosting Services, you may not place excessive burdens on our CPUs, servers, or other resources, including our customer support services. You understand that bandwidth, connection speeds, and other similar indices of capacity are maximum numbers. Consistently reaching these capacity numbers may result in our need to place restrictions on your use of the Services, including suspension or termination of your account or a reduction in bandwidth available for your use (also known as bandwidth throttling), in our sole discretion. You agree that we may place restrictions on your use of the Services or customer support services to the extent that they exceed the use of these resources by similarly situated customers.
e. Terms That Apply To Particular Hosting Services.
1. For all Unmanaged Hosting Services, you are solely responsible for providing the firewalls and software and for all installation, maintenance, security, and backup for the Unmanaged Hosting Services.
2. If you utilize Managed or Unmanaged Hosting Service with Root Access, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any changes you make while using such access and Softa Web Hosting may not be able to correct any changes, recover data, or reverse any damage you do when using Root Access capabilities. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to troubleshoot issues upon request, as stated in our Support Policy,
3. Cloud VPS Hosting accounts are billed by usage and charges will accrue over the billing period based on the resources used. The initial purchase payment is put on your account as a credit that is then applied to your next invoice(s). Since configurations can be changed at any time, your invoice will always show an itemized breakdown of the resources used. Additional details can be found in our Billing & Refund Policy.
4. VPS Hosting accounts are allowed to use a maximum of two million (2,000,000) inodes. You may request additional extensions beyond the two million (2,000,000) inode limit but the request will be granted only after written request to us and in our sole discretion.
5. Shared Web Hosting accounts are allowed to use a maximum of six hundred thousand (600,000) inodes and thirty-five (35) concurrent HTTP connections to the server. Our StartUp Web Hosting package is allowed to use a maximum of three hundred thousand (300,000) inodes. Backups should be downloaded and removed after creation.
6. For Shared, Reseller, Managed and Core Managed Hosting accounts, backups older than thirty (30) days in a customer account may be removed from the server at our discretion.
7. For Shared Web Hosting and Reseller Hosting, the terms “unlimited” and “unmetered” are defined by our experience with similarly situated customers. This means that your use of our resources may not exceed that of similarly situated customers. Shared and Reseller Web Hosting Use may not include: (i) streaming content (other than that which is incidental to your website’s operation), (ii) management of very large photo galleries, (iii) storage of a large amount of uncompressed or full-size digital images, (iv) online file (FTP) serving, (v) distribution of large audio or video content such as MP3 files, and (vi) online backups (i.e. backup of desktop/laptop computer, files, or anything not directly related to the website). You agree that we may remove impermissible materials from our servers at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We may also delete the following types of files if we find them to be using excessive amounts of disk space, especially if affecting other customers: (i) cPanel or other backups stored locally, (ii) Softaculous backups stored locally, (iii) Softaculous backup temp files, (iv) Common CMS backups stored locally, (v) Common CMS backup temp files, (vi) Common CMS backup logs, (vii) excessively sized error logs, and (viii) any other large files deemed unnecessary for core website functionality or not containing any valuable data.
8. For our cPanel Shared Web Hosting and cPanel Reseller Hosting Services, our complimentary Server Rewind will provide complimentary backups of your data. These backups will be done using our commercially reasonable efforts and may not include all files, including some email files, due to technical constraints. Server Rewind backups are limited to an aggregate 50GB quota. If you exceed 50GB of disk usage in your account, your account will no longer be backed up. Please download any cPanel backups and store them locally.
9. Reseller Hosting accounts are allowed to use a maximum of six hundred thousand (600,000) inodes per account and thirty-five (35) concurrent HTTP connections to the server. Backups should be downloaded and stored remotely.
10. Email Hosting enables a user to use specific Services, including cPanel services, to create or delete email accounts, manage passwords, set mailbox space quotas, or configure other server-specific settings. Email Hosting services are subject to certain storage limitations and we auto-delete email in your trash or deleted folder after such email becomes more than thirty (30) days old in order to help you manage storage limits. We may also delete mail in your spam or bulk mail folder after such email becomes more than thirty (30) days old in order to help manage storage limits. Notwithstanding any automatic complimentary backup services, you should backup and save your emails locally to ensure they will be available when needed. If an email is deleted, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to retrieve such email but cannot guarantee recovery of any emails. Email accounts may be subject to storage quotas specified in a particular package.
11. Our Email Hosting Services do not ensure that your inbound and outbound emails will be delivered; settings beyond our control may impact email deliverability, including emails being sent to a spam folder or emails not being delivered at all. IP address blacklisting beyond our control may also affect email delivery.
Whether you are a reseller or use Reseller Hosting Services, you agree to abide, and be bound, by the terms of these TOS and our Policies, including all provisions related to indemnification and termination for a violation of these TOS and our Policies. All additional or different terms, representations, warranties or covenants than those included in these TOS or our other Policies, including those made about the capabilities of any Services by any third party, are specifically disclaimed. Further, such proposed additional or different terms shall be deemed a violation of the Terms of Service and could result in cancellation of your account.
You will not have physical access to any of the servers on which your data is stored. These servers will often be shared with third parties. Use by any third party may affect your use and administration of the server. You shall not take any actions to limit the use of or alter the server or Service functionality or the functionality of any related equipment.
1. cPanel. cPanel is provided through a third party. When you subscribe for use of cPanel with any of the Services, you agree to be bound by cPanel’s End User License Agreement. Please be sure to review cPanel’s End User License Agreement before use of cPanel-related Services.
2. Plesk. Plesk is provided through a third party. When you subscribe for use of Plesk with any of the Services, you agree to be bound by Plesk End User License Agreement. Please be sure to review Plesk’s End User License Agreement before use of Plesk-related Services.